Wednesday 10 May 2017

Reading about France and French culture


Sometimes I have a young class which needs settling at the beginning of a lesson or a class who finish all their work and need a little something to fill in the end of a lesson.

I have a selection of reading books in English but about France and French things which I read to them on such occasions. I thought I would share with you the books that I have:

Mr Chicken goes to Paris to visit his friend Yvette, and they go on a sight-seeing trip.  Nobody seems to notice that there is a giant yellow chicken in the city!  I think this is Year 2's favourite.

A little girl and her grandfather go on a walk around Paris.  There is lots of useful information about the sights of the city.

Adèle picks up her little brother Simon from school and they walk home through the city of Paris.  On the way, Simon manages to lose most of his belongings.

Anatole is a mouse who gets himself a job tasting cheese in a cheese factory.

A Lion in Paris is the (fictional) story of how the statue of a lion came to be in the Place Denfert-Rochereau in Paris.
Do you have any recommendations that I could add to my list?





1 comment:

  1. You are not going to believe it, but I was going to ask you about these books today! You mentioned a couple of them in LIPS and I couldnt find the post. Thank you very much! I would like to buy some and give them to class teachers to read in class in French Day ;)

    ReplyDelete